Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks a Business Systems Engineer to join our team. The Business Systems Engineer is responsible for developing solutions to important business system and process challenges. Engineers engage with business teams to understand process gaps or unmet technology needs and use their skills and experience to create effective solutions using technology tools or process redesign techniques.
- Develop technology solutions using a variety of methodologies: Python, SQL, Java, Microsoft Power Platform, etc.
- Create requirements documents to support the development process
- Engage with business teams to understand business processes
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Assist in the development of testing plans prior to solution delivery
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of solutions in a Microsoft O365 environment
- Programming background in Java, C# or Python
- Basic understanding of SQL
- At least 1-3 years of experience in an investment management organization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or finance
5% travel for trainings and/or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in Windsor, CT, Chicago, IL, Wellesley, MA, or Washington, DC
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical job expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.