Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 200 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks a Consultant, Defined Contribution to join our team. The Consultant, Defined Contribution is responsible for supporting the firm’s Senior Consultants and Partners in providing advice, recommendations, and meaningful analysis to our Defined Contribution clients. This includes working with clients in areas of overall plan governance, investment policy, investment menu design, fee analysis, manager selection, vendor searches, and performance monitoring. Ideal candidates will have mutual fund/investment securities experience, 401(k), 403(b) and fiduciary oversight knowledge, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. The Consultant, Defined Contribution should be a fluid and polished communicator with group presentation experience.
- Maintain exceptional service delivery and relationships for a dedicated book of Defined Contribution clients, including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans
- Contribute meaningful investment analysis and recommendations to Defined Contribution clients
- Proactively support Senior Consultants and Partners with meeting preparation and various client requests
- Consistently use CRM to track client, prospect and workflow activity
- Build and maintain business development network to help raise firm awareness and foster growth
- Interact with Plan recordkeepers and third-party administrators to facilitate all aspects of Plan and investment administration
- Support marketing with request for proposal responses
- Perform firm citizenship duties: play an active role on internal committees and support marketing efforts (i.e., articles, webcasts and conferences)
- Provide timely and clear direction to internal support teams in serving client needs and requests
- Respond to client requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist clients with governance oversight and their fiduciary responsibilities
- Develop and monitor Investment Policy Statements
- Collaborate and share ideas with colleagues and clients in Investment Committee meetings
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting, Investing or Economics required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Broad knowledge of mutual funds/investment managers, accounts and investment-related administrative procedures and asset allocation principles
- Knowledge of the recordkeeper landscape and defined contribution marketplace
- Understanding of revenue sharing and recordkeeping fee arrangements
- Participation in recordkeeping meetings
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business; the ideal candidate has an established network of institutional relationships and industry connections
- Progress in or successful completion of CFA Charterholder, CIMA Charterholder preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite required
- Direct client facing/relationship management experience
- Strong written communication skills with samples available upon request
- Comfortable public speaking with strong presentation skills
- Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Innovative, curious, and enthusiastic
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
30-60% travel for trainings and or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in New Jersey
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical job expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.