Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an experienced and ambitious professional for the position of Consultant, Endowments and Foundations. The position will assume responsibility for supporting the firm’s Senior Consultants and Partners in providing advice, recommendations, and meaningful analysis to our nonprofit clients, including education, religious, charitable and healthcare organizations. This involves working with clients in areas of investment policy, asset allocation, manager selection, custodial searches and performance monitoring. Ideal candidates will have an investment background, possess strong organizational skills, as well as impressive verbal and written communication skills. The Consultant, Endowments and Foundations, should be a fluid and polished communicator with group presentation experience.
- Maintain client records and authorized signers, manage recurring distributions, open accounts, and prepare Standing Letters of Authorization
- Assist with processing and facilitating money movements including wires, electronic funds transfers, journals, DTC (Depository Transfer Check)
- Maintain exceptional service delivery and relationships with endowment, foundation, and other nonprofit clients
- Participate in client meetings and play an active role in prospect pitches
- Proactively support Senior Consultants and Partners with meeting preparation and various day-to-day client requests
- Consistently use CRM to track client, prospect and workflow activity
- Build and maintain business development network to help raise firm awareness and foster growth
- Support marketing with request for proposal responses
- Perform firm citizenship duties: play an active role on internal committees and support marketing efforts (i.e., articles, webcasts and conferences)
- Provide timely and clear direction to internal support teams in serving client needs and requests
- Respond to client requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist clients with governance oversight and their stewardship responsibilities
- Develop and monitor Investment Policy Statements
- Contribute meaningful investment analysis and recommendations to endowment and foundation clients
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a consultant or similar role within the financial services industry
- Broad knowledge of mutual funds/investment managers, accounts and investment-related administrative procedures and asset allocation principles
- Progress in or successful completion of CFA, CAIA or MBA, preferred
- Experience serving endowment and foundation clients in the areas of portfolio construction and investment selection, including real assets, alternative investments and environmental, social and governance mandates
- Experience with asset allocation strategy, mutual funds/investment manager selection, and direct knowledge of alternative assets, including hedge funds, private equity and real assets
- Quickly able to establish rapport and build relationships
- Comfortable public speaking with notable presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite required
- Direct client facing/relationship management experience
- Strong written communication skills with samples available upon request
- Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Innovative, curious, and enthusiastic
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential
30-60% travel for trainings and/or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL or Windsor, CT (tentatively remote, due to the COVID-19
- This role works in a professional office environment located in Chicago, IL
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
Regularly required to speak and hear
Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.