Fiducient Advisors, formerly DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C., opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice that addresses each client’s unique concerns, obligations, and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts by ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability, and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an analytical, detail- and solution-oriented, and self-motivated Finance Associate to join our Finance & Accounting team. This role adds value though the execution of accurate billing, accounts payable (“A/P”) and receivable (“A/R”), and dependable operations support. The ideal candidate has a growth mindset and is eager to elevate the role and its impact on the firm and our clients.
- Manage and execute all A/P and A/R activities and processes
- Audit vendor invoices for accuracy, verify general ledger account coding, ensure timely vendor payments, and respond to all vendor inquiries as the Finance team’s key point of contact
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all vendor contracts
- Review monthly company credit card activity and proactively identify unusual transactions not in compliance with company policy
- Process, deposit, and record all received client payments and research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Perform monthly analysis of A/R and aging, and facilitate on-time invoice payments by sending payment reminders and contacting clients
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly client invoices
- Assist with month- and year-end close including A/P, A/R, cash, and other month-end close activities
- Create, maintain, and update Finance & Accounting department processes, policies and controls
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned
- Associate degree with a preferred concentration in Business, Accounting, or Finance required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required
- Established experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Client Billing
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent and prompt communication skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Empathetic and easily able to establish rapport with others
- Resourceful and comfortable working independently
- Active problem-solver with a proven ability to exercise sound judgment
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
- Less than 5% travel for trainings and business events (in pre/post-COVID environment)
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL, Washington, DC metro area, or Windsor, CT (tentatively remote, due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.