Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an analytical, detail- and solution-oriented, and self-motivated Finance Associate to join our Finance & Accounting team. This role adds value though the execution of accurate billing, accounts payable (“A/P”) and receivable (“A/R”), and dependable operations support. The ideal candidate has a growth mindset and is eager to elevate the role and its impact on the firm and our clients.
- Manage and execute all A/P and A/R activities and processes
- Audit vendor invoices for accuracy, verify general ledger account coding, ensure timely vendor payments, and respond to all vendor inquiries as the Finance team’s key point of contact
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all vendor contracts
- Review monthly company credit card activity and proactively identify unusual transactions not in compliance with company policy
- Process, deposit, and record all received client payments and research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Perform monthly analysis of A/R and aging, and facilitate on-time invoice payments by sending payment reminders and contacting clients
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly client invoices
- Assist with month- and year-end close including A/P, A/R, cash, and other month-end close activities
- Create, maintain, and update Finance & Accounting department processes, policies and controls
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate degree with a preferred concentration in Business, Accounting, or Finance required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Established experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable required, additional experience with Client Billing a plus
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent and prompt communication skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Empathetic and easily able to establish rapport with others
- Resourceful and comfortable working independently
- Active problem-solver with a proven ability to exercise sound judgment
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
- Less than 5% travel for trainings and/or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in either downtown Chicago, IL, Washington, DC metro area, or Windsor, CT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations:
The physical job expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.