Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an analytical, detail- and solution-oriented, and self-motivated Finance Billing Specialist, reporting to the Director of Finance & Accounting. This role adds value by assisting the firm with billing activities of the business, processing and applying payments on the invoices, and processing changes/updates to invoices. The Finance Billing Specialist’s responsibilities may also include assisting accounts payable. The ideal candidate has a growth mindset and is eager to elevate the role and its impact on the firm and our clients.
- Complete monthly/quarterly/annual billing processes for assigned clients
- Maintain billing follow-up with clients as necessary
- Respond to billing inquiries from internal and external parties
- Audit invoices for accuracy and completeness and investigate and reconcile errors and discrepancies
- Participate in and lead special projects as assigned
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable and review of accounts receivable aging reports
- Cross-train with fellow team members and provide back-up support for assigned team members as needed
- Follow month-end closing processes as assigned
- Develop and document policies and procedure
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree preferred, with a concentration in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be able to quickly adapt to/understand various accounting and reporting systems
- Established experience in client billing and accounts receivable
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with team members, supervisors, and clients
- Strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Enthusiastic team player and willing to assist others where necessary
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
Less than 5% travel for trainings and/or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in Chicago, IL or Windsor, CT.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.