Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995 striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first.
Fiducient Advisors seeks a collaborative, organized, and client-focused Middle Office Associate to join our team. This position is essential in the delivery and execution of the exceptional service provided to clients, custodian firms, money managers, and Consultants. This role is responsible for supporting the firm’s Institutional OCIO, Discretionary Practice in the areas of account administration, client servicing, trading, and ad-hoc consulting projects. The Middle Office Associate is a trading resource for the firm. The Middle Office Associate works on the client’s behalf by completing administrative tasks that support our mission of helping clients prosper.
• Lead onboarding and execution of the day-to-day operational tasks for Institutional OCIO, Discretionary Practice clients
• Initiate complex and nuanced account set-up processing for our Institutional OCIO, Discretionary Practice clients
• Assist in creating and executing all department-approved workflows, best practices, and policies, and training colleagues on these processes
• Execute trades for all client types, utilizing the firm’s preferred trading system and other custodian-specific applets and paperwork abiding by the firm’s compliance policies and procedures
• Collaborate on the completion of subscription agreements for Private Equity and Hedge Fund investments for Institutional OCIO, Discretionary Practice clients
• Manage Institutional OCIO, Discretionary Practice client money movements and account service tasks with their specific custodian bank or brokerage firm while abiding by the firm’s compliance policies and procedures
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date Institutional OCIO, Discretionary Practice client records, and activity, including the CRM, trading systems, custodial websites, etc.
• Uphold internal and external client service standards by providing timely and accurate follow-up, proactive communication, and serving as a knowledgeable resource to the firm
• Research and promptly respond to internal and external client inquiries or issues (trading, security knowledge support, etc.)
• Leverage custodial relationships and established knowledgebase to manage portfolio activity and transactions
• Assist with other ad-hoc projects
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Three (3) years of investment consulting or financial industry work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required
• Adaptable when priorities shift
• Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
• Excellent communication skills are essential
• An empathetic relationship builder who can quickly establish rapport with others
• Resourceful and comfortable working independently
• Innovative and a persistent problem solver
• Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
• Less than 5% travel for training and business events
• This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL (tentatively remote, due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
• Sitting, particularly for sustained periods
• Regularly required to speak and hear
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.