Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice that addresses each client’s unique concerns, obligations, and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts by ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability, and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks a proficient, thoughtful, motivated, and independent research analyst to join our team. This role contributes value by evaluating the operational risk of investment managers prior to firm approval and monitoring recommended managers for changes in operational risk. The Research Analyst is a member of the broader Research department, providing their subject matter expertise to the investment manager underwriting and monitoring process.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the investor relations and operational leaders of investment managers and key service providers
- Request, track, and review documentation related to investment manager operational risk
- Perform onsite and remote due diligence interviews with investment managers and key service providers
- Write detailed due diligence reports of investment managers that includes analysis and opinion of operational risk, and present findings to the Research Forum
- Conduct regular monitoring and on-going due diligence of recommended investment managers
- Maintain research database for documents collected, meetings conducted, and analysis performed
- Create original research white papers on operational risk topics
- Improve the due diligence process through development and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Advise clients, consultants, and research professionals on matters pertaining to operational risk related to specific investment managers or the industry broadly
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 2 to 5 years of experience with hedge funds, private equity, or mutual funds either: auditing financial statements at a “big 4” firm or conducting operational due diligence at an investment consultant or fund of funds
- Certified Public Account (CPA) license preferred
- Knowledge of internal controls over trading operations, accounting, compliance, and information technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required, above average Excel proficiency preferred
- Familiarity with fund financial statements and legal documents
- Experience working with industry service providers and their roles in investment manager operations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
10% travel (domestic and international) for due diligence meetings, trainings, and business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.