Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an experienced and ambitious professional for the position of Consultant, Endowments and Foundations. The position will assume responsibility for supporting the firm’s Senior Consultants and Partners in providing advice, recommendations, and meaningful analysis to our nonprofit clients, including education, religious, charitable and healthcare organizations. This involves working with clients in areas of investment policy, asset allocation, manager selection, custodial searches and performance monitoring. Ideal candidates will have an investment background, possess strong organizational skills, as well as impressive verbal and written communication skills. The Consultant, Endowments and Foundations, should be a fluid and polished communicator with group presentation experience.
- Assist and/or lead all facets of the diligence process for public market investment managers across both fixed income and equity asset classes, including presentations to Investment Committee.
- Lead introductory, diligence and ongoing monitoring discussions with investment managers and appropriately document activities through meeting notes.
- Help build and enhance quantitative tools used in ongoing monitoring of existing funds
- Routinely engage with consultants and clients around manager searches and other investment manager related requests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus on Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Journalism – required
- CFA Charterholder or progress in the CFA program – preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – required Comfortable presenting to both internal and external groups both orally and written
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy, organizational skills, and time management
- Ability to work in a flexible environment including small groups and autonomously
- Encouraged to think creatively and improve the research process rather than simply participate
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
Approximately 15% travel for diligence meetings and general company travel
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic all represent the day-to-day work environment as a member of the research team
- This role works in a professional office environment located in Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Washington D.C., or Windsor, CT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.