Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors, a nationwide investment consulting firm, seeks a passionate, results driven and humble Research Associate to join our research team. This associate will work alongside our high performing Research team members, researching investment managers within the public markets, hedge funds and private equity. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, significant analytical ability and excellent communication skills. The appropriate individual will find the position to be challenging and rewarding. Our fast-paced environment provides significant opportunity for career advancement and professional stimulation. Firm culture promotes an environment that fosters teamwork and values associates that are accountable and thoughtfully driven.
- Assist team with all facets of the investment manager due diligence process
- Help build and enhance quantitative tools that are intuitive, simple to maintain and improve the research process
- Design and development of analytical solutions in data gathering, cleansing and reporting across investment portfolios
- Contribute to calls and meetings with investment managers for due diligence updates
- Create and update reports for investment manager search process
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus on Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Data Science – required
- A CFA Charterholder or progress in the CFA program – a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel – required
- Passion for investing and markets
- A strong understanding of statistics
- Knowledge of capital markets, including domestic and foreign equities and fixed income
- Comfortable presenting to both internal and external groups
- Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy, organization and time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Hard working professional with a desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable and able to check your ego
Less than 10% travel for trainings and or business events
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic all represent the day-to-day work environment as a member of our research team
- All research professionals are encouraged to think creatively and improve the research process not simply participate in research efforts
- This role works in a professional office environment located in Chicago, IL or Windsor, CT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.