Fiducient Advisors, a nationwide investment consulting firm striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions, seeks a Senior Consultant dedicated to our endowment and foundation clients and prospects. The position will assume lead responsibility for providing advice, recommendations and meaningful analysis to clients, including education, religious, charitable and healthcare organizations. This involves working with clients in areas of investment policy, asset allocation, manager selection, custodial searches and performance monitoring.
- Maintain exceptional service delivery and relationships with endowment and foundation clients
- Lead client meetings and play an active role in prospect pitches
- Contribute meaningful investment analysis and recommendations to endowment and foundation clients
- Build and maintain business development network to help raise firm awareness and foster growth
- Cultivate new institutional consulting relationships by leveraging existing network
- Support marketing with request for proposal responses
- Perform firm citizenship duties: play an active role on internal committees and support marketing efforts (i.e., articles, webcasts and conferences)
- Consistent use of CRM to track client, prospect and workflow activity
- Provide timely and clear direction to internal support teams in serving client needs and requests
- Guide and mentor colleagues on the client service and analytics teams
- Respond to client requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist clients with governance oversight and their fiduciary responsibility
- Monitor investment statement policies
- Collaborate and share ideas with colleagues in Investment Committee meetings
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting, Investing, or Economics required
- At least one of the following designations: CFA, CAIA, MBA or significant process towards one
- of these certifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in a consultant role at an investment consulting firm
- Experience serving endowment and foundation clients in the areas of portfolio construction and investment selection, including real assets, alternative investments and environmental, social and governance mandates
- Experience with asset allocation strategy, mutual funds/investment manager selection, and direct knowledge of alternative assets, including hedge funds, private equity and real assets
- Quickly able to establish rapport and build relationships
- Demonstrated ability to generate significant revenue
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business; the ideal candidate has an established network of institutional relationships and industry connections
- Exceptional writing and communication skills are essential
- Comfortable public speaking with notable presentation skills
- Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
- Must be resourceful, reliable and dependable
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Innovative, curious and enthusiastic
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable and able to check your ego
- 30-60% travel for client meetings, training and other business needs
- Fiducient Advisors is temporarily working remotely with intentions to return to the office
- This role will work from either our Chicago, IL, Windsor, CT, or Boston, MA office
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment and video conferencing
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.