Fiducient Advisors, formerly DiMeo Schneider & Associates, LLC, opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice that addresses each client’s unique concerns, obligations, and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts by ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability, and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an experienced RFP expert to join our fast-growing firm. In this role, the Senior RFP Specialist will play an integral role in business development efforts by completing and reviewing RFPs, RFIs, and requests for all aspects of Fiducient Advisors’ business lines, including retirement plans, endowment, and foundation, private wealth, and financial institutions. This Associate will contribute to business development by effectively conveying Fiducient Advisors’ message through well-written and effective RFPs and proposals. In addition, this role will work in conjunction with others to help maintain our content management system and review proposals from other colleagues.
- Write and manage RFPs, RFIs, and other proposal requests for prospective clients
- Customize final documents reflecting responses to specific opportunities, including cover letters and executive summaries
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to meet strict deadlines
- Compile and maintain RFP-related data and information
- Collaborate with various departments throughout the firm to ensure RFPs adhere to standards
- Maintain consistency and quality of language and data in the RFP database
- Execute follow-up work associated with RFPs moving to the next phase: coordinates answers, additional information, etc.
- Create and update RFP sample templates for taxable, nontaxable, 401(k), and cash balance plan RFPs
- Mentor and help train other members of the business development – marketing team
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years’ professional experience in RFP creation, technical writing, or similar
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience in customizing proposals to specific prospect requirements and guidelines
- Familiarity with investments (retirement plans, endowments, and foundations)
- Ability to manage priorities with time restrictions
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro is required – able to quickly learn internal systems and applications required
- RFP software experience is a plus
- Ability to manage priorities with time restrictions
- Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
- 5% travel for meetings, training, and business events (in pre/post-COVID environment)
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL, or Windsor, CT (tentatively remote, due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
The physical demands described here represent those that an associate must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.