Fiducient Advisors, formerly DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C., opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice that addresses each client’s unique concerns, obligations, and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts by ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability, and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks a driven, team-oriented, and resourceful Consulting Analyst to join our team in Chicago, IL. Working closely with Investment Consultants, the Consulting Analyst contributes directly to a superior client experience through thoughtful and accurate analysis of the firm’s Endowment & Foundation and Defined Benefit Plan client portfolios, aligning with our mission of helping clients prosper. Ideal candidates possess a minimum of two years of investment experience, robust organizational and communication skills, and can quickly adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Proactively lead portfolio evaluation/diagnostic review effort for new clients, cross collaborating with multiple teams at the firm
- Evaluate and construct investment policy statements consistent with clients’ investment objectives, risk tolerance, and investment restrictions
- Analyze asset allocation structure of client portfolios, including modeling and portfolio optimization analysis
- Collaborate with Investment Research in developing solutions for client portfolios
- Develop fiduciary governance materials in preparation for quarterly reporting
- Analyze and create customized components for client reports and supplemental meeting materials as needed
- Analyze and create plans for implementing investment decisions, portfolio reallocations, and rebalancing, and monitor and respond to ongoing recurrent needs of clients
- Collaborate with Performance Analytics and Client Services in developing optimal reporting solutions for clients
- Issue and evaluate vendor Request for Information (RFIs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) and prepare related analysis and deliverables
- Respond to periodic audit requests for investment-related data and analysis
- Conduct special ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed to support Investment Consultants
- Interact with and proactively communicate with Investment Consultants on all client matters and related projects
- Attend and present at client meetings in a supporting role on occasion
- Respond to all meeting follow-up and action items in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain accurate client account and investment records in the CRM
- Respond to client and vendor requests in a timely and effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in Economics or Finance
- Two (2) to five (5) years of investment consulting or investment-related work experience
- Experience with servicing Institutional clients in a Discretionary Outsourced CIO (“OCIO”) servicing framework is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required
- Previous experience with CRM, custody portals, and asset allocation modeling software is a plus
- CFA candidate is a plus
- Knowledge of capital markets, including domestic and foreign equity, fixed income, and alternative investments
- Intellectual curiosity about investments, asset allocation, and portfolio structure
- Fundamental knowledge of retirement plan (Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution) and nonprofit client marketplaces
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Driven professional with a positive attitude and adaptable
- Proven ability to work independently and engage within a team structure
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
Up to 10% travel for client meetings, trainings, and business events (in pre/post-COVID environment)
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL (tentatively remote, due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsFiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.