Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 180 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks an experienced and ambitious professional for the position of Consultant, Endowments and Foundations. The position will assume responsibility for supporting the firm’s Senior Consultants and Partners in providing advice, recommendations, and meaningful analysis to our nonprofit clients, including education, religious, charitable and healthcare organizations. This involves working with clients in areas of investment policy, asset allocation, manager selection, custodial searches and performance monitoring. Ideal candidates will have an investment background, possess strong organizational skills, as well as impressive verbal and written communication skills. The Consultant, Endowments and Foundations, should be a fluid and polished communicator with group presentation experience.
- Proactively lead portfolio evaluation/financial planning review effort for new clients, collaborating with multiple teams at the firm
- Evaluate and construct investment policy statements consistent with clients’ investment objectives, risk tolerance, and investment restrictions
- Evaluate and develop asset allocation, financial planning analysis, and fund manager selection including modeling and portfolio optimization analysis
- Collaborate with Investment Research in developing solutions for client portfolios
- Analyze and create customized components for client reports and supplemental meeting materials as needed
- Facilitate all aspects of client account administration
- Analyze and create plans for implementing investment decisions, portfolio reallocations, and rebalancing, and monitor and respond to ongoing recurrent needs of clients including facilitating transactions and trades within client portfolios
- Collaborate with Performance Analytics in developing optimal reporting solutions for clients
- Respond to periodic audit requests for investment-related data and analysis
- Interact with and proactively communicate with Investment Consultants on all client matters and related projects
- Respond to all meeting follow-up and action items in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain accurate client account and investment records in the CRM
- Respond to client and vendor requests in a timely and effective manner
- Conduct special ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed to support Investment Consultants
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting, Investing or Economics
- One year of experience in financial services industry strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required
- Knowledge of mutual funds/investment managers, accounts and investment-related administrative procedures and asset allocation principles
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including the ability to effectively present to stakeholders
- Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
- Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Innovative, intellectually curious, and an eager learner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
Limited travel for trainings and/or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in Chicago, IL, Wellesley, MA, or Windsor, CT.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
Physical Job Expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.