Fiducient Advisors opened its doors on May 1, 1995, striving to provide tailored and personalized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first. This begins by providing advice addressing each client’s unique concerns, obligations and goals.
We operate with over 200 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper. We strive for professional satisfaction by upholding our firm guideposts ensuring we check egos at the door, take accountability and are thoughtfully driven.
Fiducient Advisors seeks a curious, dedicated, and humble Human Resources (HR) Generalist to join our team. In the HR Generalist role, you will gain experience in a wide variety of HR functions including engagement and culture, on and offboarding, payroll, policy, and leaves of absence. You will be seen as a valued member of the HR team and a central part of the firm’s fabric.
- Play a critical role in on and offboarding processes including conducting 30, 90, and 180-day check-ins for new colleagues as well as conducting exit interviews for those leaving the firm. Relay themes and noteworthy information to Director of HR and other leaders, as appropriate.
- Work closely with Director of HR in engagement initiatives, including Fiducient’s semi-annual employee engagement survey and action planning processes; serve as member of firm’s Engagement Committee; play key part in ensuring key culture-initiatives are implemented.
- Run point on leave of absence process and disability-related needs for all colleagues. Stay up to date on themes in the industry and bring new concepts forward.
- Partner with Director of HR on Employee Handbook updates and policy changes.
- Act as back-up to HR Coordinator on payroll-related topics; develop a strong understanding of processes and protocol.
- Serve as point of contact for immigration needs, when applicable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in an HR capacity preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Exposure to HRIS, ATS or other HR-related system preferred
- Must exhibit a high degree of discretion and judgement
- Proven ability to clearly communicate to colleagues at all levels of the organization required
- Team-oriented attitude required; desire to work as part of a collaborative, productive team
Less than 5% travel for trainings and/or business events
• This role works in a professional office environment located in Chicago, IL, McLean, VA, Wellesley, MA, or Windsor, CT
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones
Physical Job Expectations
The physical job expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Fiducient Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.