Fiducient Advisors provides tailored and personalized investment consulting services to clients such as retirement plan sponsors, endowments and foundations, private clients, and financial institutions. We operate with over 200 professionals nationwide, supporting our distinct purpose of helping clients prosper.
The Consulting Analyst is responsible for working closely with Investment Consultants. The Consulting Analyst contributes directly to a superior client experience through thoughtful and accurate analysis of the firm’s Defined Contribution client portfolios, aligning with our mission of helping clients prosper. The target time to start for this role is Summer 2024.
- Proactively lead portfolio evaluation/diagnostic review effort for new clients, cross-collaborating with multiple teams at the firm
- Evaluate and construct investment policy statements consistent with clients’ investment objectives, risk tolerance, and investment restrictions
- Analyze asset allocation structure of client portfolios, including modeling and portfolio optimization analysis
- Collaborate with Investment Research in developing solutions for client portfolios
- Develop fiduciary governance materials in preparation for quarterly reporting
- Analyze and create customized components for client reports and supplemental meeting materials as needed
- Analyze and create plans for implementing investment decisions, portfolio reallocations, and rebalancing, and monitor and respond to ongoing recurrent needs of clients
- Collaborate with Performance Analytics and Client Services in developing optimal reporting solutions for clients
- Issue and evaluate vendor Request for Information (RFIs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) and prepare related analysis and deliverables
- Respond to periodic audit requests for investment-related data and analysis
- Conduct special ad-hoc analyses and projects as needed to support Investment Consultants
- Interact with and proactively communicate with Investment Consultants on all client matters and related projects
- Attend and present at client meetings in a supporting role on occasion
- Respond to all meeting follow-up and action items in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain accurate client account and investment records in the CRM
- Respond to client and vendor requests in a timely and effective manner
Required Education, Professional & Technical Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a preferred concentration in Economics or Finance
- Entry-level experience welcome
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Previous experience with CRM, custody portals, and asset allocation modeling software is a plus
- CFA candidate is a plus
- Knowledge of capital markets, including domestic and foreign equity, fixed income, and alternative investments
- Intellectual curiosity about investments, asset allocation, and portfolio structure
- Fundamental knowledge of retirement plan (Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution) and nonprofit client marketplaces
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Driven professional with a positive attitude and adaptable
- Proven ability to work independently and engage within a team structure
- Thoughtful ability to establish rapport and build relationships.
- Exceptional communication in a public setting with notable writing and presentation skills.
- Adaptability when priorities shift and able to work independently.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative, curious, and enthusiastic.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships to support a sense of belonging.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
Work Environment & Travel Requirements
- This role may travel up to 10% of the time for training and or business/events.
- This role offers a hybrid work model with three days in one of our professional office environments and two days remotely.
Physical Job Expectations
The physical job expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- The person in this position may at times need to move throughout the building to access different areas.
- Ability to move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their primary responsibilities.
What We Offer (Summary Highlights)
A workplace that welcomes authenticity and practices acceptance for what makes each of us different. We are committed to educating our team, growing as a firm, and taking intentional actions related to diversity, equity, belonging and inclusion. We strive to be active participants of change in and outside our industry.
Paid Time Off
- Generous PTO with optional rollover
- Personal/Sick Time
- 10 Holidays with additional half days off for specific holidays throughout the year
- Summer Perks
- Bereavement Time –inclusive time off for a loved one, unborn child, or pet.
- Employer Paid Parental, Personal and Family leaves.
- Professional Development Day for eligible exams
Work Life Convenience Benefits
- Exclusive Wellness Benefit Programs from VirginPulse, Care.com, Torchlight, Real Appeal, Peloton and more
- KindBody – Family & Fertility Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development Designation reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Resource Groups, Mentorship Program & New Hire Cohort
- 401K Plan with company match
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Program
Fiducient Advisors is a CFA Institute DEI Signatory. As a signatory, we commit to six Code Principals that seek to drive DEI progress in a meaningful way that can be measured. The six principles focus on pipeline, talent acquisition, promotion and retention, leadership, influence, and measurement.
Fiducient Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The company is committed to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. It is expected that all employees are aware of this policy and that they create an environment that is sensitive and respectful to all individuals.
We are committed to upholding a workplace that welcomes authenticity and practices acceptance for what makes each of us different. We are committed to educating our team, growing as a firm, and taking intentional actions related to diversity, equity, equality, belonging and inclusion. We strive to be active participants of change in and outside our industry.
Why Choose Fiducient Advisors?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Hartford, Austin, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Portland (ME), the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. Fiducient Advisors is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.